Yesterday at a press conference, Google announced a new tool called Buzz. Now Google wouldn’t be the Google Gods they are if they weren’t continuing to come out with new and better ways to communicate and socialize online. Google Buzz is a cross between Facebook, Twitter and Email. It lets you share images, videos and stories with your friends or with the whole world and it works in with Gmail which is great if you already use a Gmail account as our primary email because you will already have all the people you communicate with built-in. Instead of just emailing a story to friends with annoying attachments and links to videos and stories, why not just send them the pictures, videos, stories and your thoughts right in Buzz? It currently has built-in Picasa, Flickr, Google Reader, and Twitter integration. Google also rolled out a phone app that works with Buzz.
- No setup needed: Automatically follow the people you email and chat with the most in Gmail.
- Share publicly or privately: Publish your ideas to the world or just to your closest friends.
- Inbox integration: Comments get sent right to your inbox so it’s easy to keep the conversation going.
- Photo friendly: See thumbnails with each post, and browse full-screen photos from popular sites.
- Connect sites you already use: Import your stuff from Twitter, Picasa, Flickr, and Google Reader
- See updates in real time: New posts and comments pop in as they happen. No refresh required.
- Just the good stuff: Buzz recommends interesting posts and weeds out ones you’re likely to skip.
More @ Google Buzz.